Last Update: January 19th, 2021
The long waited NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Lens for Nikon Z-mount full frame mirrorless cameras is official announced at CES 2020. The price for NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Lens is $2,596.95, release date in late August, 2020. Due to high demand of this lens, it is out of stock everywhere. Here is a pre-order/in stock/availability tracker for NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Lens:
|Store||Price||Availability||Last In Stock|
|$2,596.95||In Stock||Nov 26th|
|B&H Photo Video
|$2,596.95||In Stock||Nov 26th|
|eBay||Check Price||Check Availability||–|
NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens Features:
- Versatile zoom is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with DX-format models where it provides a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and using selective focus techniques.
- Featuring a combination of six extra-low dispersion elements, one fluorite element, and one short-wave refractive index element, chromatic aberrations and color fringing is effectively eliminated throughout the zoom range for notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are featured to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. The Nano Crystal Coat controls incidental light from a diagonal direction while the ARNEO Coat controls incidental light from a vertical direction. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured on multiple elements to help ensure consistently accurate colors.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake to better enable handheld shooting in low-light situations.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF drive units, which are synchronized, to deliver especially fast and accurate focusing throughout the zoom range. This system uses stepping motors, which offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Integrated OLED lens information panel allows you to quickly confirm aperture setting, focus distance, and depth of field figures right on the lens in both bright and dark situations.
- Two assignable L.Fn buttons work in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide seamless points for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel, along with a front fluorine coating, benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- Removable, rotating tripod collar spins on ball bearings to permit quick and smooth switching from vertical to horizontal shooting orientations.